Timer/Relay Problems

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I bought one of the Ramsey timers recommended for use with the Lamson sensor since I was having no luck getting it to work to suite me. The timer works good but seems my sensor puts out enough current at idle to keep it triggered all the time. Anyway I put the Lamson on the backburner for now.
I got to playing with the timer and changed out the capacitor with one off a fried Regent and found I can get up to a forty second delay.
This timer is suppose to work between 5-12v but I hooked it up to a 3.7v battery and it works just fine. The output is 3.7v so I hooked up a 3-6v relay and nothing happened, seems with the relay hooked up the output is only 2.3v which will not trip. With the relay disconnected I get 3.7v again. Whats going on here???

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Sounds like the Relay Coil is "Loading" the Circuit so much there isn't enough current left to pull it in, in other words, the more current draw, the lower the voltage so when you start out with that little a voltage, it don't take much "Voltage Drop" to cause problems.......

Top Bottom