Timer Schematic

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just uploaded the schematic diagram for the (modified) timer circuit I've been using.

http://www.geocities.com/archilochus57

It's at the bottom of the page.  It's not your basic 555 type timer.  It's more complex but offers advantages over the 555's:  Temperature stability of time durations, easily selectable time delays between photos, and low power consumption.  These three circuits (sensor, day/night, and timer) together  consume only ~ 210 microAmps (0.21 mA) compared to between 120 to 350 microAmps for each 555 (depending on supply voltage and external component choices) and 125 micro amps for the RS 49-425 sensor.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
WOW Archilochus

Talk about a Deluxe Home Brew Unit ! ! ! ! !

What kind of a PC board do you use for complicated circuits like these?

I thought about using the "Half Press" feature for the Walk Test light but never tried it....

Good Job and Thanx for the drawings

Tinhorn

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Tinhorn,
I've been using the free demo of Winboard to draw PC boards.  It's the companion program to Windraft.  < http://www.ivex.com  >.  The program has a 100 pin limit, but there are a few tricks for working around this limitation.

I've started using surface mount parts whenever possible when building PC boards - saves a ton of time drilling holes for IC pins and makes boards considerably smaller.

Etching home-brew surface mount PC boards is a skill I'm slowly getting better at.  Those small traces tend to disappear if you etch too long or at too high a temp.

Just have to figure out how to build a home-made camera and housing and then I can really call the cams "home-made"!  Didn't I see a post where someone mentioned making their own box out of fiberglass?  Wonder how it went for them?

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom