Tinhorn, I need help....

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
Tinhorn, I need your help bad. I went back and looked at your post on using the RS PIR with all your suggested mods. If I use the black speaker wire to to provide the ground on pin 4 of JoeD's timer, what do I use in conjuction with the red speaker wire for my "walk test" led? I hope this is clear enough. I half way confused myself when I was typing it.      RS PIR notes

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
I had to post a reply to myself so this would stay where Tinhorn might see it.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
gumby, i wired mine that way and used a rs dpdt switch so that up the black and red went to the led for the walk test and then down the red went nowhere but the black went to the trigger for joe ds timer. i hope this makes sense.
gumbo

Tinhorn

Reaction score
been gone a week chasing turkeys......   Sorry about the Delayed Response!

I don't put Walk Test LED's at the PIR, but do use one "after" the timer.  I install a switch so that in one position, the camera is armed and in the other postion, the LED comes on, when motion is detected, instead of taking a pix.  (RS # 275-0635, SPDT Toggle Switch)

But if you want one on the PIR, I like Gumboyaya's suggestion.  Don't forget the LED needs a 470 ohm resistor in series with it and that the Red Wire is connected to the Battery (+) (not the internal +5 volt regulator)

I know this is not a detailed anwer, if you need further, let me know

Tinhorn

Top Bottom