davered1

Reaction score
tinhorn could you please post your link to your site for the pictures on how to hook up a 5 v reed relay to ms20?

I searched but couldn't find it

thanks,Dave

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Dave

Follow the directions about removing components on MS20MODs but leave in D1, the diode then look at the pix of the MS20 with the relay installed on it

That red wire is not connected to the relay, it just looks like it,  it goes to batt (+) and the black wire goes to batt (-), the 2 blue wires comes from the relay contacts.

http://content.communities.msn.com/JessesT...xs1.msnw?Page=4

Dbworld

Reaction score
I looked all over for this info the other day.  I didn't remove or do everything you have listed here for a 5v relay.  Basically all I did was cut the R3 sensor, paint and tape the light sensor, and replaced the relay.  It works well....  

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Removing all that junk just made room to install the relay (upside down) on the board is all, u r rite, cutting R3 is the most important thing, that effectively removes the compontents from the circuit but then what do you toss into your junk box?   :eat-burger:

Tinhorn

davered1

Reaction score
Tinhorn,

Apparently it is extremely hard for me to get the normal 5V reed relay shown on jesse's site(long round one).

will this relay work the same?

1-amp SPST relay. Coil: 5VDC, 20mA, 250 ohm

Top Bottom