Tinhorn... Question???

slickhead

Reaction score
Sorry to pick on you but, I need help on 12v reed relay. But anyone else wants to jump in, well thats fine too. Recently, you had a post that you showed your web address to a fellow "Game Trail camera addict" concerning a 12v reed relay wired to a MS20. I,m about to start soldering and I can't quite follow where the leeds from the relay go on the MS20? Do I wire the leeds to the corresponding  holes where the old relay was, 3 on one end and 1 on the other? Or do I need to desolder R1, R2, C1, and C2? And also I noticed that you desolder the photo sensor.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
SlickHead

Follow the 1st pix on parts removal except DON'T remove D1 and DON'T install the 10K resistor.  I knew the pix of the relay installation wasn't very easy to follow, sorry! but maybe you can figure it out using the combination of the 2 pixs.  On the 2nd pix, the 2 blue wires go to the relays contacts and the red wire is batt (+) and the black is batt(-)

u r rite, remove the light detector, it was just convenient to solder the batt (+) wire in one of it's holes too

Tinhorn

slickhead

Reaction score
Tinhorn,   Thanks for the reply. Your pic's didn't come through but, I think I can do it without them. Just can't see which hole in the circuit board that the N.O. leed is going into. And it looks like another blue wire is coming out of it. Is it the right side of C1?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom