Tinhorn

d91

Reaction score
I know we've all heard this explanation 20 times when we were hanging at tndeer.com but why are we cutting R3 again? I'm helping someone with getting started on a camera and he asked and I flat could not remember. Cause Jesse said so, was my reply

gizz

Reaction score
I believe the reason is to allow the unit to run on 9V/12V instead of 120. Seems though that I've hooked mine up without clipping it before(cause i forgot) and it still worked. I ended up de-soldering and removing it anyways.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
d91,

R3 is the part of the circuit where the 120 VAC is turned (rectified by diodes) into DC. It's probably not needed in the Regent but anytime you cut into the middle of a circuit it's best to isolate the part you're not using to prevent any problems. We isolate the 120 VAC section by cutting R3.

Good answer though for that spur of the moment question. ;)

BowDoc

Reaction score
I just did my first Regent. I was not going to cut r3 because it was working fine with the 9 volt. Now that I read this I think I will cut it just in case

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Im useing the RS49-425 sensor,well i have no clue on electronics(all spanish) was wondering that since we live so near each other i could talk you into building me a timer? and if so can you make it adjustible? Or you could give classes LOL

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Umm,never mind did a search on timers and found your 2 stage timer with pictures and all,its starting to make sense to me after much study.
 Could you tell me will it work with the RS sensor as well as the MS20?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I'm glad you think you can build the timer because I've just not got the time, barely got time to do my own  :(

I'm sure it'll work on the RS PIR but never have bought one.  If you happen to use separate battery's, be sure to run the grounds together

good luck building it

u ever hunted Woodson K. Woods?

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Sure have hunted Woodson K,killed an 8 point there last bow season,a couple years ago had a Pope & Young class at my stand and could not get a shot for the brush.
 Also last year i found a community Scrape,im telling you this ground under a dogwood was tore up and there where rubs on trees 6"through the diameter,i about fell over.Bad thing is it was gun season by the time i found it,this year i want a camera in this area.
  You have to get off the beaten path though.

Ill let you all know about useing the timer with the RS sensor when i get it done,Still waiting on my camera from Ebay,should be here today.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom