TINHORNS TIMER

HunterJay

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone had any of the pics of tinhorns timer --like the ones that were on photopoint..the ones that looked like snapshots not the schematic----i dont know what the hell im doing with a schematic ...did you guys ever think about writing a book like" trailcams for dummies" bet you could make a fortune--i know id buy one

kmay

Reaction score
As some of you have picked up within Jesse's Homebrew pages, I have created a "kit" to help make Tinhorn's two-stage timer a little easier.  Using his schematic, I created a printed circuit board (PCB) and assembled all the components.

All the stuff is from All Electronics, but this keeps you from having to assemble one from scratch.  At the same time, I'm doing this for the same fun you are, so I'm only covering my costs -- $25 including shipping.

If you're interested in a kit, drop me an e-mail and I'll try to help with what ever you need.  I've also got some pictures of the completed board on the Internet, if you want to cut & paste...http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kevi...njmay/lst?.dir=/2-Stage+Timer&.src=ph&.view=t

I've done all my work with the MS20 PIR, so the RS PIR connection may be different, but the timer works anyway.  Let me know if I can help

KevinMay@bigfoot.com

jayber

Reaction score
What are the dimensions to your circuit board?  And are those AE timers or RS?

gizz

Reaction score
Looks real nice and clean Kmay. If I didn't already build my own I'd definately get one.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
I would make the timer switchable, so that you can operate without it. If you look at my latest album posted in the Blacktail Buck thread you will see that pics 4, 5, and 6 are a case against using a timer.  Pic 4 shows an antler entering the frame on the right side, Pic 5 shows the same buck sniffing the ditch, and pic 6 shows this buck giving a classic broadside view. It all happened in a minute or less.

Advertisement

Top Bottom