Tip from the Possum

Possum

Reaction score
What a weekend.  Went to get one camera and the Joe DiMaggio timer had 21 pics on it in 6 days.  I was excited.  Opened the camera up and it had 0 pics on it.  A wire was not soldered properly at the connection on the camera jack. No pics. The 20pt got away.
Then I went to my feeder cam and go 8 pics on the camera.  I decided to go ahead and get it developed.  I took it to the house and set it aside.  After 6 hours I decided to go put the cams back out and started loading new film.  I got the wrong camera and OPENED THE DOOR WITH THE USED FILM INSIDE.  Oh boy.  Wal Mart got 6 of the 8 pics developed with deer on them.  WHEW!  The other two were probably the 20pt's that I have been imagining there.  
Lessons:
1). Take your film out when you get to the truck if you intend to process it or do it in the woods!

2).Do like Tinhorn and burn one pic by walking in front of the cam before you leave!

deerdad

Reaction score
Too late... This already caught me. Hiked up to my area to set up cam2 and did a trip test and the only thing that happened was the light in the flash housing came on.
Brought the cam home and found a wire off of the connector for the jack. Re-soldered and everything was normal. This cam has been flakey from the start since it needed to be tripped twice to make it work. It was all from that one wire because now it just needs to be tripped once to work.

Greg

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I did the same stupid thing,  took a few pix's of my cousin's Bow Kill (his 1st buck), we butchered it, etc, then I was going to take the roll out early for developing, but stupidly lost track of what I was doing and opened the door before re-winding....

No deer to take another pix of......but all but 2 pix's were ok, so I lucked out and he didnt have to kill me after all........

Tinhorn

StringShooter

Reaction score
I do the walk-by test before leaving my cam too. It gives me peace of mind that the camera is set properly. I usually do another walk-by when I retrieve the camera too...I have no idea why I have been doing that :)

Top Bottom