• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

TIPS ON NEW AVET REEL

mike1781

Hey sorry to veer of hunting but can't help it fishing is still really good here in SoCal. I just picked up a new AVET LX 6/3 2 Speed Lever Drag, after my brand new Shimano Torium 30 seized on me while being hooked up to a 35# YFT. I, was wondering if anyone had any tips on do's and don't on it. Ive never fished with a lever drag or a 2-Speed. The whole "Free, Bait, Strike, and Full" settings are throwing me off. I'd appreciate any advice or tips and as always
Stay Safe,
Mike

g791

Toss your bait out put your preset drag on strike and get some. I've never needed full drag on my 2speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k_rad

Before you'd use full your gonna click in to low gear and crank. Great reels! Once you use a lever drag two speed, you will never go back congrats!

mike1781

Thnaks Gents! Just booked an overnight on the Prowler out of San Diego, hopefully we can get into some yellowfin tuna!

g791

Football size tuna and don't skip your spot on the troll lot's of wahoo lately. I'm going back out on the 25th good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parkermann

There has been some bigger size tuna lately on the Osborne bank But the commercial fisherman came in and netted just about all of them this past week

mike1781

Well I got Skunked! Caught a couple of rock fish, one really nice! Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep them (protected area, I guess?) but on a positive that new Avet Reel was amazing! So nice being able to put that baby in low and crank away!

Top Bottom