To Each Member

Duck Fan

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this past year and how many hours I have spent reading your comments...and making a few of my own on this forum...  A year ago, I am not sure I knew these forums existed.  And, now I can't wait to log on.

I am very fortunate to be off work now for a while, feeling pretty good tonight sitting by the fire, having a few adult beverages and as I was reading yet another post, it got me thinking about how much these forums have meant to me this past year.  

I have read them at work and find myself turning on my computer as soon as I get home to see if anyone has posted a new response or started a new thread.

I have "talked" to hunters around our state and many conversations have helped to rekindle old memories from Wister as a boy...Kern and Mendota as a teen and many others up and down the state.  I have been fortunate enough to hunt from Wister in the south to Tule Lake in the north...and just about every refuge in between.

I have met a few of you, worked "clean up days" with a few of you and even hunted with some of you.  You can call it corny if you want, but I just wanted to extend my thanks for your willingness to share your opinions and stories, and even the "heated" discussions.  All have been very entertaining to me and in many cases, very helpful as I continue to learn the craft of duck hunting.  35+ years and I'm still learning and I thank you for sharing your passion for our sport.

My life has been so enriched through hunting and my son (now married) and I are so much closer to each other now because of our mutual love for the outdoors and respect for nature.

So...to all those sitting in sweat lines tonight or lucky enough to have a ressie...and to everyone else, thank you for your "friendship" over the net...and have a great holiday and last month of the season.

Take care.....

(Edited by Duck Fan at 7:50 pm on Dec. 21, 2001)

Jay

Reaction score
I've enjoyed the comraderie too. I just haven't been able to sit down with one of them adult beverages and relax yet.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Jay - You especially have been great.  You have so much joy for the sport and it shows.  All the best to your family.

Spec

Reaction score
Always nice to read a good post and not the fighting and back stabbing this place has been pleseant for months for sure!!!!! lots of good post's and information seems like when we start hunting we all settle down to the task at hand Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and prosperious new year, Watch there eyes and feet!!

Megadeth

Reaction score
I can relate back to the old DFG board with many of you. Its the only reason to turn the puter on anymore. Thanks for the past , and welcome to the future. A very special thanks to Jesse for letting it all happen.

grizz

Reaction score
Megadeth,  I agree if I didn't have a computer anymore the only thing I'd miss would be a couple of these forums and the DFG page.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
When the warehouse I was working at closed in october  they asked me to stay on six weeks to help close it. One of my conditions was that I got my computer and 21" monitor. I needed it at home to log on to this and the refuge forum. I walked out the last day with a desk, chair computer + monitor. I didn't want to miss out on the forums while I looked to purchase a computer.

huntducks

Reaction score
Duck Fan & all at JHP

A Merry Xmas to you and all your loved one's.

I enjoy this forum and it has something to do with the good guys that post here.

I keep looking everday in the mail for my JHP sticker, as I would sure like to meet many of you in person.

My son and I will be at Kern this Wed.(26th) black Toyota Tacoma W/white camper shell.

Greg>huntducks

jerry d

Reaction score
Always fun when good 'ol boys and good 'ol gals get together to talk ducks...or what ever.

Happy holidays to all....

Reaction score
Gee, it seems I've finaly found a home.  Nice post Huntducks, "great minds think a like."  I wish I hadn't waited so long to jump on board.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Jesse deserves a box of 3" mags from us all as a token of appreciation. I never dreamed how much time and effort it would take to build and maintain a simple hunting website, until I did it myself. He has my ever lasting respect and thanks.

Happy holidays to all, and hoist a glass of cheer in Jesse's honor.  

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I kind of got drug into starting this forum kicking and screaming. As Greenhead said, I knew it was going to take a big chunk of time but it has turned out to be a great surprise how well it has turned out and the help everyone here has contirbuted. Thank you all.

Merry Xmas to all you marsh rats too.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work and effort, Jesse, and a very merry Christmas to everybody.

MQ

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all and full stringers for the New Year!!!!!!!!

grizz

Reaction score
Merry Christmas, now wait in the truck!:big-grin-aqua:

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom