Today was "Pickup Day" - my new pocket-pistol!

TheGDog

Bought on my B'Day, finally got to pickup today... Sig Sauer P238 .380 ACP
For size reference, in gloves I wear size XL.

quaildeath

Nice little piece there. I used to write off the 380 as an inappropriate defense round, but modern technology and materials have upped the game plenty. I think even a few manufacturers surpass FBI requirements.

TheGDog

No doubt! Definitely going to look into getting some of those Lehigh Defenders. For now got some Buffalo Bore NON-LEAD +P that use Barnes XPB's. And also decided to pickup some Lead Hardcast FN's. Figure stagger-stacking those two might be a kickbutt combo for defense when in the field. The Hardcast FN's had like a ridiculous penetration depth. Not like I don't trust Barnes XPB's either, but ya figure you know for sure ya got penetration covered in case some ornery bastard comes out of the bush some day.

inchr48

My wife has one, dolled up a bit. I carry a P938, and have the 22 conversion for it also.

A retired teacher I've been training bought the P238 for her first carry gun.

First two rounds from it on our range, 7-8 paces.

Seems to shoot about anything.

Have fun getting good with it.

Attachments

quaildeath

Try these and look at the guys YT page for more 380 bullet reviews.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/shootingthebull410/380-ammo-quest-doubletap-95-grn-controlled-expansion/

In many of the reviews a 380 that is too hot goes all the way past the FBI penetration requirements, meaning it goes through the perp and hits somebody else or the baby in the crib. IMHO it's not an issue with 380. It is not going to kill somebody else like say a 40 cal or 45 cal or even a hot 9 passing through the original perp.

inchr48

GDog,

I have the P938 Equinox version. Sig also sells the 22 LR conversion slide/barrel sets in two different lengths.

Attachments

smitty661

I have the 238 as well for my edc. Paired with a desantis nemesis. I love it. I can be in boardshorts and tee shirt and still carry comfortably. I thought the 938 wasn't available in ca anymore?

Top Bottom