Today's hunt was a little scary!

grizz

Reaction score
That wind was something huh?  We saw a few big trees go down around us this morning.  A couple them just snaped.  I told the boy's, don't get to comfortable and be ready to run.  Didn't have to though.  But two went down within 50 yards.  Kinda added the elemet of fear, to the hunt for a little while.  :wink-yellow:

Fubar

Reaction score
Nice storm huh Grizz?             Fubar

Megadeth

Reaction score
The ducks were right on the deck. 3 guys 18 birds. Soaked,but fantastic. It'll be hard to beat that one!

2curljohnny

Reaction score
never blew that hard up here on the coast, pretty heavy rains though. not many ducks around yet. we took 5 brant fri. and 4 sat. finally getting some water in local fields,come on northern's.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Sure was blowing down on the Bay.  At any given moment, at least half of my decoys were upside down.  The platform blind I'm hunting from was shaking and creaking the whole morning.  

What birds I did see were down nice and low, but just didn't have that many around.  When they did come across, they were screaming by like bullets.

Anybody shoot Grizzly?  I imagine it was happening there, especially if you could find a good pothole.

Duckit

Reaction score
Maybe the most bizarre weather I've witnessed while hunting.
In five years of hunting my rice field blind I have never seen a hard rain WITH a north wind. We usually do REAL WELL in a storm but the north wind put a real damper on this hunt. Three of us scratched out four ducks and two snows.
To make it even stranger we had the largest grind of ducks and geese on the property that I have ever seen but the few birds flying showed little interest in our pitiful spread when compared to 3,000 duks and 5,ooo geese just a few checks away.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
Hunted LDC blind 8 saturday ended up with 10 ducks between 3. A mixed bag of almost everything. Shot a whole box of shells just wasn't on. Some of my decoys ended up 100 yds away by the time we picked up.Dog got sprayed by a skunk on the way in.Used alcohol and febreeze to get the smell off him.

hntndux

Reaction score
Four of us hunted Delevan this weekend and limited out on Saturday and only 7 birds on Sunday.  Thanks to them posting the averages on the board, resi #1 or #2 took the blind we had Saturday and usually it's open for a long time.  I found out something on Sunday, blind 27 is a looooooooooooooonnng walk!

spoonie

Reaction score
27 is along walk but in weather its even more from the mud....Although it will preduce well in a north wind.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Hunted the Lodge on Saturday. I've seen worse weather to be sure, I've just never been in the marsh during it. Lots of ducks, but they guys were capping at every single bird under 100 yards. Combine the scraping with the wind, and it made for one bad morning. I pulled and relocated at 8 a.m., and the dog was taking white caps over her head. One bizarre morning, and once it cleared there wasn't a thing in the air.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom