Total cost for a D-370 trail cam

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
I'd like to get an idea how much everyone has in their D-370 trail cams. Although I plan to build some trail cams with the D-380, I'd like to get an idea of the total cost. I'm planning on using a Pelican 1120 case, Brian's board, a RS 49-425 PIR, an auxiliary slave flash, and a 32 mb SmartMedia card. Am I forgetting any major items? Is a 32 mb SmartMedia card about the right size? How many pics can I expect out of that card? I've seen some different brands of SmartMedia cards for sale, is their a difference in their performance?

passgas55

Reaction score
You better take in account battery usage. Rechareable is the way to go. As far as external flashes are concerned the main draw back is battery drain. The only thing I can say about smartmedia cards is that I have bought mine from newegg the cheapest ones they have at 32mg and they work fine for me. Next time I will get the 64m. As far as how many pics depends on what quality setting you use on your camera.Short period of time in field a smaller card can be used. Longer period of time and lots of action then a larger card will be needed and a longer battery life needed too.I hope to start a external flash set up in 2 weeks and a solar panel will be in that mix.

max

Reaction score
Where can you find a D-370 now and how much are they going for I can't find any aroud here?I wish I jumped on the Office Max Ad when they dumped them? Any Info would be appreciated?:smile-big-blue:

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom