Tough hunt!

RVRKNG

Reaction score
We went up to San Luis Obispo area for the opener & it was tough. Just a few gobbles at dawn & that was about it. Last year we had 2 turkeys in the first hour 3 total for the day with bows. On Saturday afternoon this year we went back out & worked a lone Tom for an hour & a half, playing peek-aboo around the trees & finaly got him to come in. So we were not skunked but tough hunting all weekend.
Is it to early this year? Not warm enough? This is only my second year hunting Turkeys, so what do you old(seasoned) pros think?

Jeff M.

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
There just henned up right now at least down south i was able to take mine opening morning but it was tough not responding to call's very well,be patient next week's weather look's awesome so get back out there!

Frank

chompot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wingbone_2003 @ Apr 1 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There just henned up right now at least down south i was able to take mine opening morning but it was tough not responding to call's very well,be patient next week's weather look's awesome so get back out there!

Frank[/b]
I am with you on that one Frank. Hopefully I can get some gobbles Saturday morn.

Advertisement

Top Bottom