trail camera problems

northfork

Reaction score
my sensor works when i test it and my canon owl slide on will flash repeaditly when i press the shutter, but when i hook up my stereo plugs there is no flash camera does not work, i can get it to flash every time i touch the wires toghether coming out of the camera. i have reversed the plug wires, still nothing. do i need to have film in the camera?? help!! i know on the older models they freeze up and need the on switch reset, but this one will flash everytime i press the shutter.

W

wildebeast

What kind of sensor are you using?

On the board short across the common and shutter to see if it works....this will check the plug in to see if it is the problem.

cliff

IdahoElkandDeer

Reaction score
I just had a similar situation last week with my Owl PF hooked to a RS-426. The shutter worked fine but as soon as I plugged in my sensor to the camera via a stereo jack nothing would work. The sensor was working in test mode just fine. I had a buddy who is decent with electronics look at it and we resoldered one connection because it did look like it had a cold solder joint. It started working right away. The resoldered joint was actually one of the wires attached to the camera circuit board.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom