Trailcam in closet

Idaelk

Reaction score
It has been 95-100 degrees here lately so my cam is sitting idle. Am I making a mistake or would I be getting a bunch of pics without animals in them?

davered1

Reaction score
I think false pics depend more on humidity than actual temps out side. It has been around 100 degrees here a cuple of times for 1 week at a time and I still get no false pics. I make sure my camera is  in the shade for the hotest part of the day and that the sun will never directly hit it.

Other than that it is business as usual

MBullism

Reaction score
It was over ninety for at least four days out of the last week.  I've got one setup that the week before had only four pics, this week in the heat had fifteen.  I'm with davered, I think the way you set it up has more to do with it than how hot it gets.  Most of the 4 to 5 false picks I get per roll are night time any way, and I think thats because I don't run a refresh on my PF...  I don't get false daytime shots because I set up in the shade.  At least thats what I tell myself, LOL

My .02

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Most of my false pics came when the camera was aimed at the sunrise. Also had some when I had it strapped to a tree (pine) that was to small and moved alot on a very windy day.

I have learned to place the cam so the sun won't be facing directly into the camera.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
It's been in the 90's here in WV and still hot and humid at night. Now it's going to be around 85 during the day and 60 at night so i put mine back out today. It's in the shade and by a watering hole. No bait this time but im hopeing this will cut down on the coon and fox pics.I'll go check it on Wed. and see what we got. Mike

Idaelk

Reaction score
Well you guys convinced me I'll put my cam back out in the morning when I get off of work.

davered1

Reaction score
That was the plan!!

<font size="5">Show me some pictures!!</font>

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Davered1, If i lived where you do i would show you lot's of pics,lol. What a great place you have up there. Mike

Top Bottom