trailtimer pics 6-17-02 to 6-21-02

BuckSnort

Reaction score
Can you tell what this is?

Here is a spike.It's hard to see cause' I had my traitimer to far away.

BuckSnort

Reaction score
Can you tell what this is?

Here is a spike.It's hard to see cause' I had my traitimer to far away.

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
Hey BuckSnort, thanks again for bringing these pictures to us, these are great right now before the season opens, so that the blood starts pumping and the adrenaline starts flowing..:smile-big-blue::smile-big-blue:

(Edited by 1SoCalHunter at 11:26 am on June 25, 2002)

gwhunter69

Reaction score
you can barely see the deer in the first pic...LOL!

Marty

Reaction score
That's an unladen Swallow caught in the frame.  You can tell he's unladen by the blur of his wings.  

Actually, it's a Stellars Jay; <a href="http://dlp.cs.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?where-taxon=Cyanocitta+stelleri" target="_blank">Cyanocitta stelleri
</a>

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Nice clear pics and it looks like a great spot. Looks like a jay or a blue bird to me also.Mike

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Seems to me the body is too compact to be a bluejay, have you guys seen a mountain quail.  Not trying to be a smart butt just curious.

Brian

BuckSnort

Reaction score
Whoadog,

I have seen many a Mountain Quail,I have even ate a few,but I have never seen a blue one.Mostly dark grayish w/ a little black.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Bucksnort >> Are you sure it's a Bluejay?  Looks more like a Blue-blurred to me.

Get it, Bluebird, Blueblurred.... Ah, what's the use.

Nice pic......

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure about the bird in the first pic. Black head, black tail, short like a quail, but blue like a jay.. Maybe you have discovered a new species of bird. :confused-yellow: Maybe you should submit this to the local wildlife biologist so he can close the area to hunting for further study.... :surprised-purple: All kidding aside....

I would like to see what you guys think though. On pic 1 right at the base of the tree to the right, it appears there is a deer bedded there. The shape is gone in pic 2. I put both in our photo program and boosted them 200% (edge of mass distortion) and I am pretty sure that is a bedded deer in pic 1.

Top Bottom