Trailtimer

treestandman2

Reaction score
I hunt public land for deer, my super interest!!! I hate to take a chance losing a timer much less a camera and timer. I am building a camera uint but I am a little concerned about taking a flash picture of a big buck and chasing him out of the area especially after reading a few posting where that is what happene! Are there any plans on building a multi-even timer. I think this would be a good item to have along with a camera unit. Thanks, Jeff

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Actually Yes.

I have a design right now that uses a temperature stabilized crystal over -40 Degrees C to +85 Degrees C.  It guarantees + or - 4 minutes over a year.  I had planned on using an infrared sensor to trigger it and it will store the time/date/month/day/year for each event in a EEPROM.  My plans were to make it where this EEPROM could be carried home or use a hand held unit with an LCD to see the time/date and event count in the field.  I was hoping to get this made to where you could add it to a camera unit that did not have time and date capabilities so you could see the time and date with out a camera that has this function.  I am afraid the cost may prohibit this since time and date feature on a camera only adds $10 bucks or so to the price of the camera.  Some people complain though that the time and date is not always visible even when turned on with a camera that has that feature.  This unit could be a way to solve this problem.  If you have a computer at home this you could take the EEPROM out of the unit in the field and put another one in.  Once you get home download the info out of the EEPROM.  Match the sequence number up with the picture number and wa la you have time and date the picture was taken.  An event counter plus date and time unit could be made with this as well.  It is on the drawing board.  I have all the parts to finish testing it.  I have everything working except I haven't put the new temperature stabilize crystal in yet.

jayber

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a lot of things going (on your bench/plate) Brian.  How do you find the time?!  LOL

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Jayber,

Just got married this past February.  I send her to the gym and I go work on electronics.
Naww, her sister just had a baby so she spends a lot of time over there.

You may be happy to know I think I can get this little 8 pin chip to handle the control for a  digital camera.  It looks like it will.  I haven't tried it yet but I will.

Oh yeah I have four breadboards full of stuff all the timer.

(Edited by Brian at 6:12 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Brian,
When you figure out about the digitals let me know.

TNDEERHUNTER

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay,

I will probably set mine up for the Canon Elph S100 as far as the timings but with some modifcations it should work for any digital that you can wire into just by changing the timings.

Top Bottom