Trap Machine Upgrades

Limited Out

Reaction score
I just completed these upgrades. I have had a Wheely Bird 12v Trap Machine for many years. The trap machine works real good and is fun to use. There are some limitations if you want to have more realistic hunting type shots. I normally set my hunts up in a way that most shots are birds coming in from in front of me on a flyway or some other type flight pattern. I wanted to be able set up the machine in front of me and launch clays in a way to produce the same kind of incoming shots. I also wanted to make this machine easier to use and self contained. Here's the upgrades, I added two 800 mah batteries on board as well as a battery charger in a 30 cal ammo box, I installed a Wheely Bird Wireless Remote that works out to 50+ yards, and a main power disconnect switch to add to the safety of not having this thing wack me across the wrists. This thing is now a blast to use, and you can practice shots from any angle or distance. It is a good product out of the box, these mods make it way better. Also it will make it easier to use up all this lead shot and ammo I have around here before the 7-1-19 ban. Costs appox. $125
Wheely Bird Mods.jpg

Last edited:

dabob

Reaction score
It will still be legal to shoot clay targets with lead shot after July 1st 2019. The lead shot ban is for hunting.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Me too! As you mentioned a while back it's a good way to burn through that lead. I have so much of the stuff that I don't think I would ever use it all anytime soon. I would like to use as much of this lead as I can for hunting. I need a couple of those 150 round per day Euro hunts every month. I the meantime this trap machine will help reduce the inventory.

Last edited:

Top Bottom