Trespasser Caught!!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Not only one pic but this guy got 19 pics of himself.  

I helped a neighbor last winter make two home-brew cameras.  He knew he had people trespassing on his land during hunting season but couldn't catch them while he was at work.  He set a camera in the Y of a tree and pointed it down towards the ground. (pic from above).  He also turned the flash off and put tape over the flash just to be sure.  He was forturnate enough to get pictures of this poor soul 19 times.  Not only is he trespassing but he is hunting with out any orange on and no license. (has to be displayed on your back in PA).  I'm afraid this poor soul is not going to know what hit him when the PSP and Game Commission want to talk with him.

Todd

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi ToddP,
I love it!  Wonder if postin' the pics would be unwise?

Archilochus

South

Reaction score
Almost as satisfying as harvesting a mature whitetail, busting a no good trespassing slob.

Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and send a message.

There are too many anti's who wish to rid us of the privilege of hunting to let guys like this slob give us a bad name.  Hope it is not just a slap on the wrist, let us know how it turns out.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright,

Busted.

Keep us posted.  All of us who have been violated by theft will have to live intravenously through your success.

Brian

quackmaster

Reaction score
That makes it worth all the blood, sweat, and tears for all the camera constructions combined!  If poachers started worrying more about being caught on film, maybe the problem would decrease some.

gizz

Reaction score
C'mon Todd, post some of the pics - please?
You can smudge the face in MS Paint or something. I just gotta see em! Not lookin for names just pics.

jayber

Reaction score
I'm with Gizz.......let's see what kind of character would do that!  LOL

Possum

Reaction score
GOTCHA! Yeah post some pics.  Smudge his face so he can't countersue for harrassment or something.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I'll have to check on getting a copy of the pics.  Like I said, it's a neighbors camera not mine.  I have not even seen the pics yet.  I just talked with him on the phone last night.  I do know that he hasn't reported the individual yet.  They have some more film that needs developed first.  Doh!!  How many times can they catch this guy?   LOL

I'll see what I can do for pics.  I might have to wait till after the officials are done with them.  

Todd

BackWoods

Reaction score
I got a tresspasser on my camera also.  It happened to be the guy we bought the land from.  The picture I got was taken at 3:00 pm.  He called us to apologize at 5:30am and made the comment that when the flash went off he lost all sense of direction.  I own a non typical deer cam and have the programmer for it.  I noticed when I went to retrieve the camera that I had an event at 4:10am.  But unfortunatly I was out of film at that time.  That camera should not trigger the flash if there is enough sunlight.  So I am positive he was there at least twice.
Now the picture I got of him isnt that good, but the lady that developed the pictures new exactly who he was.  This guys criminal list is a mile long.  In fact he just got a disorderly for going to the post office and telling the clerck that he had a box of anthrax t send out.  Just one hell of an idiot I guess.  That still makes me wounderwhy he didnt steal the camera.  Oh well why question it, I still have the camera.  
When I get some time mabey I will put the picture up.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Backwoods,
That must have been a "drunk & disorderly" - That kind of idiotic behavior usually comes from a bottle.

Archilochus

gizz

Reaction score
backwoods - i bet the 4:10 am event was him trying to find the camera so he could steal it. he probably went home to to get some tool(s) to remove the cam and when he returned in the AM he couldn't find it cause it was out of film and wouldn't flash OR he didn't have the right tools. Either way he'll think twice bout returnin.

jayber

Reaction score
I had a pic from last summer of a neighbor girl out in the middle of our woods mid-day.  She was looking directly at the camera with a dumbfounded look, carrying a dog leash over her shoulder.  I had heard that her dog ran off......I guess she thought she'd walk right up to it or something.  Lucky I didn't see it out there while I was hunting, otherwise she might have found a carcass!  Now I wonder what expression would have been on her face then?!  LOL

Reaction score
I caught some trepasser's on my cam also but they were not the human kind. I caught a pack of 6 dogs that all came up to my cam and stood there for a picture, one of them was even pissing on a tree in the background. I will try to get that pic on here in is very funny.

BackWoods

Reaction score
gizz when the picture I have of him was taken I dont believe he ever new it.  I think he came back the following morning and when the flash went off he got scared and just wanted to get out of there.  My camera will still try to take a picture whether there is any film left or not.
At any rate here is the picture.  I did smudge his face a bit.  But what is wild is that the woman that devloped the picture new who this was with out me ever saying his name.

http://content.communities.msn.com/JessesT...amp;PhotoID=764

Latest Posts

Top Bottom