Trick

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I have one of my cams on a 4 wheeler trail (deer trail )and I was wondering if I took something a can,old shoe or anything out of place and put it on the opposite side of the trail than my cams on. The theory is thier eyes will shift towards the object and away from my cam.I'm going to try it out this weekend. Take a friend(my wife if I can talk her into it) and ask her/him to try to find my cam.Any thoughts?

max

Reaction score
Sounds like a good Plan!!Kinda like a "slight of hand" but rather a "slight of eye".HaHaHa
I think the same way when I set my cameras up on State Land ....Hmmm now where would'nt I be look'in??
I like the thought of using a prop to draw their attention away....
Keep Us Posted How it turns out?            
Thanks,  MAX

MBullism

Reaction score
It's always best to get to know your quarry, kinda get inside their head.  Know their next move before they do.... We talkin' about deer or people?  (kidding)  

When I'm out riding, my attention is not always drawn to things my little mind knows are not obstacles.  Maybe try dragging something bigger only part way onto the trail  (a log?).  Not a real hazard, just something that demands a riders attention.  Not likely they will stop to move it, half the fun is going over and around...

So many sides to this cam thing.  Electronics, manufacturing, economics, time management...Psycology!

M

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
How are you going to know it worked.  There is a sure fire way to know it diddn't.  Only kidding. Good Luck. Let us know

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
If it doesn't work I will know when my cam is gone, but if it does work I should have a pic of the back of someones head. This was just a thought I had. MBullism that is a good idea with the log thing. I thought if I through it out on this forum I could get some better ideas.

jayber

Reaction score
Not a chance that I'd want to take!  I'd place the camera in another location, slightly off trail if need-be.  Good luck!!

homer

Reaction score
I agree with jayber, if someone comes by while its dark (dawn or dusk) that flash might get there attenion.  :surprised-purple:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom