trijicon tri power

Dain V

Reaction score
Picked up a tri power a while back, it seems decent for the price. When shooting in an open environment in either ultra bright desert[out side of boron] or very lowlight, the reticle, illuminated by tritium or fiber optic, was clearly visible. The only time I had to use the battery back up power was when shooting from a dark shaded area into a bright area. Since I hunt bobcat in the morning and evening this should not be a problem. I plan on mounting the tri power to my 870 but I tested it out on a rifle. 6'' by 6'' targets were a peice of cake from point blank out to 150 yds. For #%!%& and giggles 20'' by 20'' targets were easy to hit out to 300 meters, doable at 400.

Well, enough rambling. My point of this post is to hear if any of you guys have any experience with the tri power, and how it is working out for you.

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

The tri-power is a very nice optic which has its advantages. I don't own one myself, but have used one quite a bit. I used one on my friends M4 out in Texas. It was very nice and fast for short range acquisition out to 100yd. It definitely served its purpose as a room clearing optic. It took me longer for long range shots, but I also felt that the reticle would cover too much of my target. I understand your experiences with the light on this optic, and I'm sorry to tell you son, but that's a tri-power. I wouldn't recommend this for hunting applications, although it can be done. I just believe it would be a disadvantage for you due to the reasons you have stated. I think you answered your own question. Damn don't you wish you were a ######

By the way, That's a very nice sheepshead in your avatar. How big that fish go? 20lb? Can you say ceviche. I love sheepshead. :patiotic-wavin-flag

Dain V

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like your tone. Being that your close to my area, and with a mullet like that you could not hide out, even at an reo speedwagon concert, you better mind your manners sport.:bounce-aqua:

Good eye that goat went 19 lbs, 6 lbs shy of the one I got 2 days before. I know where one is that is an easy 35+ lb. He is deep, so you only get one approach, if you dont get him he is gone. I use to be alot nicer to the goats before the MLPA. To me MLPA means kill everything that is edible untill the party is over. I hope those MLPA folks die of violent amebic dysentery.

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

I'm not sure if I like your tone. Being that your close to my area, and with a mullet like that you could not hide out, even at an reo speedwagon concert, you better mind your manners sport.:bounce-aqua:

Good eye that goat went 19 lbs, 6 lbs shy of the one I got 2 days before. I know where one is that is an easy 35+ lb. He is deep, so you only get one approach, if you dont get him he is gone. I use to be alot nicer to the goats before the MLPA. To me MLPA means kill everything that is edible untill the party is over. I hope those MLPA folks die of violent amebic dysentery.
That is too bad you don't like my tone there green horn. That is why I said, " Damn don't you wish you were a ------", because then you would get no tone and only the utmost respect. Well you are not, and need a knowledgeable gun person like myself to knock you down a peg and set you straight. Please don't take it personal, I just know a lot about guns and enjoying sharing it with others.

You need to be able to take some constructive criticism and not figure everyone is out there to get at you and expose you. Shave your beard, you look like a slack jawed hippie. Man up there Dain and grow yourself a respectable mustache.

Take Care there tiger!

Dain V

Reaction score
It seems to me that the one always calling someone a greenhorn is usually a tinhorn. As for the god like beard. You know when you see me in the whaler, heading south towards pt vicente, beard blowing in the wind like king neptune, the envy just burns you up. You have to give it up. God decides who is worthy of such a beard as mine.Usually great beards are only found on great men. Me, I am A man of the sea, and the beard reflects that.

Gun knowledge? Next time we are out in the desert well have a rifle pistol challenge. Speed and accuracy combined for score. johnny will be judge. Nuff said

Take care NESTER.

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

No problem. You seem to be a hard head and I have no business stimulating your fandango. Each to their own. I am sure you hunt and what not, but I'd be sure to bet there is much talk behind it. Most of the hunters I have met have been really humble people willing to help out the new man in the woods.

I guess I know who to steer clear from on this forum. I hope the true hunters will grace me with their knowledge and openness.

Take care and God bless(you will need all the blessings you can get)

Dain V

Reaction score
This is the last time I will respond to to you. I dont have the time to argue with a jester. You are right about one thing, steering clear of me. For I am a humble man and I am quite capable of humbling A sprout like your self.

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

I don't care too much to be humbled by you old timer. You sound like a dangerous man, much too dangerous for me. You are the type who would con me into a hunt and then shoot me in the back in the woods and bury me. I hope I am wrong, but you just have an aroura about you that is very dangerous.

Dain V

Reaction score
You seem to be a smart man. I think I may have read ya wrong.

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

And you are a deadly man. As much as you think you have read me, I believe I have read you better. As a new hunter I need someone who I can trust a little and honestly believe they are there to help and promote my hunting to the next level. Being the cantankerous man you are, it is best I steer clear from you and your potential insidious plans.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom