TRIPLE

huntducks

Reaction score
Well hunted Kern yesterday and my son got his first ever triple and what a triple 3 mallards 2 hens and a drake, 6 birds came in and I just sat and watched as he banged all 3, I fired one shot at one of the hens as she bobbed up right and tried to swim some #4 Biz turned her into a side flapper real quick.

That truely made my day.

(Edited by huntducks at 9:43 am on Dec. 27, 2001)

MQ

Reaction score
Thats great.....its things like that, that keep you going back for more....

Baldplate

Reaction score
I am very happy for you and your son. It is trips like the one you just had , that your son will remember for his life time. Some day hopefully he will be telling his son of the time he hunted Kern with his dad and got a triple on mallards. Great hunt, which unit did you hunt?

huntducks

Reaction score
Baldplate

I was driving home last night and thinking the same thing, someday hopefully he will be sitting in a duck blind telling my grandchildren the same.

We were in the blind area.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
what a great post!  My hats off to your son...

Huntducks - just wondering, how are the blinds doing as a whole out there at Kern this year?  I guess they have 14 open now?

steve

Reaction score
Shooting like that  might allow him to claim any duck you both shoot.Remember Dad I tripled so I must be the better shot.
How old is your son ? Does he understand he holds bragging rights now.
It's a joy to watch our sons/daughters developing that same exitement and developing their skills to be successful in the blind or in the field .
Even better my oldest is getting strong enough to pull the decoy cart.
Enjoy the moment.

huntducks

Reaction score
DuckFan

I would not say that the blinds were doing great, it was foggy 90% of the day, there was a fair amount of shooting from them no telling how high some of the birds might have been, 2-2A was doing real well as we drove through the parking area there were some full duck straps.

Steve my son is 24, but having been a football player all his life has limited his duck time since he was 6. this is his first year of not playing, he just coached instead and I think that was worst, he could be a great shot (runs in the family) i'm 53 and slowing down or should I say having very inconsistent days he was 2 birds up on me yesterday at the end, but he still looks at me as the man when he misses, trouble is i'm now running out of excuses when I can't get on that bird right away and I think he is wondering if dad has lost 2 or 3 steps hell he does not know it but I have dropped 5, and now know how many of the ducks felt with all the lead( now steel) in there a$$.

I sure hurt a few yesterday.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
huntducks - thanks for the response.  I should be there on the second and have a few spots that I have liked in the past, but I do enjoy a blind and knowing I have time and a little space to myself once in a while.

My son is 25 and your comments about your son are 'right on' with those about my son.  I rememebr the days when In was that age huting with my dad...it now has come full circle on me ( ha ha ).

Advertisement

Top Bottom