• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Trnity Lake and Whiskeytown Kokanee

Bigolwiggler

So I took up a new fishery the last few weeks . The wife and I first went to Whiskeytown Lake. We trolled and ended up with 8 fat Kokanees , the largest was right at 18 inches. That is big for a Koke. We did not stay longer to fill our limits because of the high winds which made it very tough to troll.

Yesterday , I went out with a friend Jake who broke his back a couple months back . He is still in a big "turtle shell" and is going NUTS staying at home. He invited his dad along . We would just let Jake reel in fish if we caught some . This time we fished Trinity Lake . They just increased the limit on salmon ( Kokanee or Kings ) to 10 per person !
We stopped at 20 fish in the box. We lost a solid 12-15 fish . 18 Kokes and 2 Kings. The Kokes averaged about 15".

If you want to do some catching, NOW is the time ! Get out there ! It should be hot for another month or so .

I have the fillets brining now for smoking .

Some great days on the water !

BOW

Planetcat

Great report. Whiskeytown is one of my favorite lakes, but like you experienced, it does get some breeze in the afternoon. The Water is clean like Evian.

Top Bottom