Trouble with Radio SHack PIR

Isaac

Reaction score
I have wired up my home brew scout camera and testing it I have found that the LED will light up when switched on and THen go off after about 5 seconds.  The light will stay off for 30 seconds or so and then come back on and stay on for 10 seconds or so.  It doesnt seem like the PIR is working properly it does not come on with motion.  It just comes on and goes off in this rythm.  Can anyone help me to get the PIR working properly or has anyone had this problem before.

9.6 VDC battery
Radio SHack 49-426 PIR the same as the 49-425 but different cover.
wired with two switches power and camera/LED switch.

vman

Reaction score
Is it a new battery?  Try posting in the game camera foroum.  You will find plenty of help their

Old Scout

Reaction score
Hey Isasc......was just wondering.....in your July 18th post......you ask how to fugure out which is the #2 pin.....and in your July 19th post.....you say...."the Radio Shack 49-426 is the same as the 49-425 but with a different cover".....does this mean the you've figured out where pin #2 is??????

Isaac

Reaction score
I thought I figured it out there is two round indentions on each end and then a half circle on one end.  I thought that the pin imediatly to the left of the half circle was the #1 pin but now I am not sure. I am still getting the same rythm with the LED.

Top Bottom