• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

trout fishing question

Woody116

How do you fish for trout??
I am heading to Maine in two weeks for a bear hunt. If all goes well, I am hoping to have some down time to wet a line.
I have only fished for muskie, walleye, northern pike and panfish in the wisconsin and canada areas. I have heard that brook trout is popular up your way.

I have never fly fished, and honestly it is of no interest to me. Can you fish for trout using a rod and reel? What are some good baits?
Are the northern and muskie populations good up in the northern part of the state, say around Fort Kent areas?

Thanks

scr83jp

I prefer ultra light spinning rod and reel and a favorite lure is a 00 mepps spinner.I've had trout leap from the water to hit this lure as I cast and the lure was a foot from the stream here in California and in Montana.I learned my fishing in several streams and rivers in New York State in the 1950's and 1960's.

Woody116

Good deal, I have used mepps over the years, and got plenty of 'em.

How big do trout get? I wouldnt have thought ultra light would be heavy enough for them. That was one of my best investments, nothing like getting decent fish on a light rod!

Top Bottom