Trout Season

Fubar

Reaction score
Spring is here. Trout season will be here before we know it. I like to fish in the East Walker River. Where are your favorite trout fishin spots?  Dave

gizz

Reaction score
Here in PA the first day of fishing season is very similar to the first day of deer season - CRAZY! I live in Pine Creek Valley and the the trout fishing around these parts is...well...excellent. You can fish the big creek with flys and spinners, smaller streams with flies, minnows, spinners, live bait. What I like the best is going up a very small mountain stream and fishing redworms for those 8-10 inch native brookies. When summer hits there's nothing better than night fishing with flies and crickets. You can get some big brownies at night.

hronk

Reaction score
I live in Bishop.  I do a lot of fly fishing and some big Brown fishing.  Neighbors boy got a 31 1/2 in. Brown a week ago Monday here in the Valley. Only weighed 8 1/2 lbs by my scales. It should have weighed 10-12 lbs but was a female that never recovered from the spawn.  If you fish the E. Sierra, I'm availabl for info. just Email me or post here... hronk

C

CA DUXHNTR

I like fishing the Burney area streams and lakes.  I probably won't head up there until after a few weeks due to turkey hunting(unless I get my three quick) and the crowds of opening weekend.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom