Troy Taylors duck and goose calling classes

AGC73

Reaction score
With the season just around the corner, what not a better way than to get in involved in this class to improve and become a better caller. This will be the 4th year that we've been doing this, and after taking it, guys have wanted to take this class again. Down below will be all the info. on the two classes that will be taught by Troy Taylor of Taylor Talker Custom Duck and Goose Calls. The Duck calling seminar will be Sept. 10th and the Goose calling seminar will be Sept. 11th held at Moore-n-Moore SPorting Clays. Any questions, please feel free to call me.

Duck Calling workshop
presented by Troy Taylor of Talkers Custom Calls held at
Moore-n-Moore Sporting Clays

Moore-n-Moore Sporting Clays

Troy Taylor and Scott Thompson have been making calls that have been used by guides and competition callers alike. Taylor Talkers Calls won the Grand National Call Makers Contest in 2002 and 2005. Troy Taylor himself won the Washington State Calling Championship in 2000 and in 2004, his calls have won the Washington State Contest 6 years in a row along with other contests around the country.

Overview:
You will learn the physics of duck calls, how they work, how and when to tune a call. Everyone from novices to experts will learn from this class, practicing a variety of simple exercises and drills. Learning how to "talk" to ducks will be demonstrated, along with information and tips on duck calling competitions. THIS IS A HANDS ON WORKSHOP.

Curriculum:
Types of calls in use
Plastic reed-Arkansas Style
Metal reed-calls of Tennesee
The physiology of calls and the caller
Call construction and parts
Why a call works or doesn't work
What is required to make it play
The physics of call operation
The physics of the call and the caller and how they must balance each other

What to bring:
You are encouraged to bring: sharp scissors, razor knife, and a note book to take your notes.

What you will learn:
How to control pressure and air stream velocity
Proper lip, tongue, and finger positions
Correct breathing techniques
How to produce hi-hard, clean, and crisp notes
Imitating the feeding chuckle
Cleaning and adjusting your call
Call tuning
Plus much more

*All levels of callers should attend*

Cost: $125.00 per person
Price includes: 1-Taylor Talker Call, Continental Breakfast, Coffe,Sodas,Water, and Lunch
Make Checks Payable to: Troy Taylor
A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your seat. The class is limited to 20 students.

Date/Time: Sept. 10, 2005
8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Where: Moore-n-Moore Sporting Clays
12651 N.Little Tujunga Cyn. Rd.
San Fernando, CA 91342

For More Information:
Andy Cacciatori 661-269-2385

Begining Goose Calling workshop
Moore - n-Moore Sporting Clays

Troy Taylor and Scott Thompson have been making calls that have been used by guides and competition callers alike. Taylor Talkers Calls won the Grand National Call Makers Contest in 2002 and 2005. Troy Taylor himself won the Washington State Calling Championship in 2000 and in 2004, his calls have won the Washington State Contest 6 years in a row along with other contests around the country.

Overview:
You will learn the physics of goose calls, how they work, how and when to tune a call. Everyone from novices to experts will learn from this class, practicing a variety of simple exercises and drills. Learning how to "talk" to geese will be demonstrated, along with information and tips on goose calling competitions. THIS IS A HANDS ON WORKSHOP.

Curriculum:
Types of calls in use
The physiology of calls and the caller
Call construction and parts
Why a call works or doesn't work
What is required to make it play
The physics of call operation
The physics of the call and the caller and how they must balance each other

What to bring:
You are encouraged to bring: sharp scissors, razor knife, and a note book to take your notes.

What you will learn:
How to control pressure and air stream velocity
Proper lip, tongue, and finger positions
Correct breathing techniques
How to produce hi-hard, clean, and crisp notes
Cleaning and adjusting your call
Call tuning
Plus much more

*All levels of callers should attend*

Cost: $150.00 per person
Price includes: 1-Taylor Talker Goose Call, Continental Breakfast, Coffe,Sodas,Water, and Lunch
Make Checks Payable to: Troy Taylor
A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your seat. The class is limited to 20 students.

Date/Time: Sept.11th, 2005
8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Where: Moore-n-Moore Sporting Clays
12651 N.Little Tujunga Cyn. Rd.
San Fernado Ca 91342

For More Information:

Andy Cacciatori- (661)-269-2385

AGC73

Reaction score
So far,
I've got 6 guys signed up for the goose, and 2 signed for the duck. Need deposits at least 3 weeks before the class starts to hold your seat. The class holds no more than 20 students.

Hope to see some of you there and meet some more JHO guys.

rtin

Reaction score
Andy, Hold a spot for me for the Goose Calling Class. I will know this week if I can swap a day at work and then I will send in my deposit. I really don't want to miss this one. For all the guy's interested, I took the Duck Calling Seminar last April and it has helped me out emmensely. I would recommend if you can to take both, the guys are great teachers.
BTW you better have Coffee this time Andy

sdhunter

Banned
Reaction score
AGC73,
Regarding the goose calling class, is there an emphasis on either snow or honker calling, or does he cover both?

Thanks,
sdhunter

AGC73

Reaction score
The goose calling class will be learning how to blow a short reed honker call, and you get an acrylic call with the class.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Andy are the deposits refundable?

I'm interested in the seminars, I just not sure of my schedule on those dates.

KOZ

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
For all the guy's interested, I took the Duck Calling Seminar last April and it has helped me out emmensely.[/b]
Good, becuase you needed the help.

Rob- I'm signed up if my check ever arrives at Andy's. We can ride up together.

Koz

sdhunter

Banned
Reaction score
Actually sounds like a cool gig, but damn, that's a 3.5 hour drive for me

BDB

Reaction score
I would love to but it is too far south for me. I really need to find something up north like that. My calling flat out sucks!!! The main reason is I hadn't duck hunted in a long time and when I went back into it a couple of years back, I was always with great callers so I just kept my trap shut, gun loaded and finger ready to click the safety

AGC73

Reaction score
BDB,
Last April we had guy come all the way down from Brentwood, his handle is ChrisF on the refuge forum.

rtin

Reaction score
Originally posted by KOZ@Jul 21 2005, 07:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
For all the guy's interested, I took the Duck Calling Seminar last April and it has helped me out emmensely.
Good, becuase you needed the help.

Rob- I'm signed up if my check ever arrives at Andy's. We can ride up together.

Koz [/b][/quote]
Where is the love
Do I see a calling lesson for you in the near future.

zenhunter

Reaction score
BDB, it was a great class and worth several hours of drive time....plus you can pracice all the way home!

I'd do it again this year, but plan to spend the rent, gas, phone, water and the electric bill payment at Bass Pro in Vegas tomorrw.

feathershot

Reaction score
Andy!! Count me and my buddy Jesse in for sure. Sending the deposits tonight. 7-21-05. I'll call you tomorrow.

Rich Holt

rtin

Reaction score
Like the way that call sounded Huh Rich!!!!!!!! Beats the Yo SISTA. BTW nice shooting tonight with the new SBE YOU WERE SMOKIN-UM.

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
Originally posted by sdhunter@Jul 21 2005, 09:13 AM
If you want to meet me in Vista then we could carpool. I'm planning on going to the goose calling class. If anyone else in San Diego wants to go we could all drive up together.

Let me know.

Andy,
I just wanted to make certain that you were clear on me coming to the goose calling class. I'll get a check out to you soon.

Matt

sdhunter

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by mouthcallinmatt1+Jul 22 2005, 09:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mouthcallinmatt1 @ Jul 22 2005, 09:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sdhunter
@Jul 21 2005, 09:13 AM
If you want to meet me in Vista then we could carpool. I'm planning on going to the goose calling class. If anyone else in San Diego wants to go we could all drive up together.

[/b]
Matt,
That sounds like a real possibility.

Andy, I'll get back to you by next week, as long as space is still available for the goose class.

I just realized the date......9/11.

Thanks,
Mike

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Price includes: 1-Taylor Talker Call[/b]
That is the Acrylic Duck Call – Checkered – with Silver band – Right? J/k

I am in for the Duck Seminar on Saturday, 9/10. I’ll send out my check on Monday. The check is made out to Troy Taylor, but what address should I send the check to? The addy w/ Moore-N-Moore?

I may have a few friends who might be interested w/ this as well.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom