For Sale trufire releases for sale

trackboss

Reaction score
Trufire Hardcore and Trufire 360 release. Excellent condition on both. Reason for sale is I went to a thumb trigger style release.

These are $50 each, not for the pair.

Attachments

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
TrackBoss, how does the Thumb trigger feel ? I have been wnting to get a hand held thumb trigger that I can hand on my loop for a while now. Let us know what you got had how well in works for you Please !

trackboss

Reaction score
I much prefer the thumb style release over the trigger. For me, the best part about it is that it is much easier on your shoulder when drawing the bow. Seems as though the wrist release really wrenches the shoulder/rotator cuff area. The thumb release puts one in a slightly different position to draw and as a result not only is it much easier to draw the bow it no longer hurts/damages the shoulder area.
I have both the carter wise guy and the nock-to-it. I prefer the wise guy. There is a noticeable click when latching on to the string with the wise guy where as the nock-to-it is nearly silent. Carter said t should be the other way around, but regardless they are going to see if they can modify it to quiet it down. It feels like drawing 5-10lbs less weight.
One thing I feared from day one was letting go of the release. Having only shot a wrist style I have trained myself to relax my grip and only pull the trigger. With the thumb trigger if you one relaxes the grip then the whole thing will go. Well, it finally happened. No one was hurt luckily, but it did smack my bow pretty hard as well as my wrist. Release broke, but Carter will repair it for not much more than shipping.
In any case, aside from that I much prefer the thumb style. It doesn't eliminate target panic or punching the trigger, but it can help. It's probably best to try several, but I really like the fact that both the ones I have are very smooth and comfortable with no edges. Also, I like the hole for the index finger. I harvested a boar at the end of December using a whole new setup, including the release and the shot couldn't have been better. I was completely un-confident because of lack of practice, everything new, etc. yet it would have seemed as though I had been shooting this setup for a long time.

Top Bottom