Try this again

Turkey Beard

Reaction score
I tried posting before and it didn't take... I'm just now getting hooked up here and hope to renew some old friendships.  Hey!

trkyhntr

Reaction score
Welcome Turkey Beard  to Jesses forum.Glad to see another turkey hunter here, looking forward to seeing your posts.

woodsman

Reaction score
The best part of the end of deer season is that turkey season is coming soon I started hunting turkey 4 years ago and I am hooked ,Somthing about the gobble in the morn I herd it for the first time last year in the woods I cant weight to hear it again .Happy Turkey Hunting:dancinred:

PowDuck

Reaction score
Welcome, Turkey Beard. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Turkey Beard

Reaction score
Thanks, folks... I'm seeing some old names and several new ones, too.  I'm looking forward to getting to know ya!

shaginator

Reaction score
Hey there. Thinking about going on what will be my first turkey hunt this spring. Absorbing the info from this site and elsewhere into my brain right now.

Got a new 870 magnum... currently shopping for choke tubes. Next step is a diaphragm, etc. Sounds like fun and I keep looking forward to the new posts in this forum about the gobblers.

(Edited by shaginator at 9:55 pm on Feb. 21, 2002)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Turkey Beard. The season is getting near and I can hardly stand it.

Wild Turk

Reaction score
Turkey Beard: WELCOME!  Great bunch of guys on this site.

Shaginator:  May I offer some unsolicited advice on how to outfit a choke for your 870?  Briley Choke tubes are excellent- I use a .665.  With 6 shot it cant be beat.  There are a bunch of choke manufacturers out there, and I havent tried anything but Briley, but I can say it patterns beautifully.  Luckily, with a Remington you have many options-but you cant go wrong with the Briley.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Ditto on the Briley choke tubes. I have 3, 870's (other than that I don't like 'em at all:) with one having Briley's and patterns excellent.  

I have an old article that tested more than a half dozen tubes and Briley rated the best of those.

However, I have several brands of tubes, including Rem & Barreta and have patterned dozens if not hundreds of rounds and they all performed great... much to my (pleasant) surprise actually.

Good Luck!

Frank

shaginator

Reaction score
Briley .665s it is, then :)

I've also been patterning some Remington Nitro Steel Magnum #4's in 2 3/4 with modified. Those were looking pretty good. I also got some handloaded 6's that also pack a punch so I'll look forward to patterning those with the Briley choke once I'm set-up.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom