Tule Fog

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Just a reminder that, for those heading to the SJ Valley, tule fog season is here. We're socked in right now. Remember to take extra time and drive slowly. It often floats 30 or 40 feet in the air, invisible, then you hit a patch that's on the ground and are instantly blinded. Be prepared, and stay safe.

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
I've never experienced anything like it. I remember driving to Mendota with the driver's side door open, looking down at the white line on the road, and barely being able to see that!!!!

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
I remember that too Nate...could hardly make out the edge of the spread, if memory serves. Never broke that day either!

Rudso

Reaction score
We drove to Kern last season and couldn't see a single thing in that fog. We had to drive 10 miles per hour and it's a good thing we had a navigation with Kern already in it or else we would have never found it.

quack_head

Reaction score
A few years ago, I was overhauling a engine in a carrot field. We finished up around 3:00am. Man, ii was so thick. I was driving down the wrong side of the road. I was going every bit of 5-6mph. I came across some head lights in the road. It was the CHP. I disagreed with him about who was on the wrong side of the road.
He did double check. But, I was wrong.

duckhunterflyfisher

Reaction score
I have more than one "full mallard limit" soupy days. Poor birds just get sooo lonely in the stuff.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I hate the stuff. Had to drive through it this morning just north of the Grapevine on I-5 on the way to Deedee's for our turkey hunt. It was still bad at 10am.

Only the fog near Rimforest in the mtns here can pucker me up as bad.

acousticmood

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (duckhunterflyfisher @ Nov 21 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have more than one "full mallard limit" soupy days. Poor birds just get sooo lonely in the stuff.[/b]
Especially fun with Geese - all tha cacklin' while 100s circle closer and closer - by the time you see them they are already flaired.

Then unable to contain myself any longer - I spring up and bust three holes in the fog

Oh well - they'll come back.....

Top Bottom