Tule Fog...

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a heads up, fogs been patchy pea soup in the South valley, so leave extra time if you're heading this way. Remember, watch the center line, not the side of the road, and don't follow the lights. Leave early, go slow, and live to tell the tale.

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Yeah, and watch out for horses!!!!!
You ain't kiddin' brother...damn near took out 20 yards of fence on that one...and a herd of......my therapist says I'm not ready to talk about it yet...:ren:

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Hey Nate, thanks for the flashback...Kim and I have been having a laugh and a shiver...what a ride...no horses were hurt badly, but my truck took a 1,500 dollar hit...doh!!! Made our res at Kern though, and killed some birds...

Weathers happening up north right now...killing time is near...

Last edited:

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
The tule fog is no joke. years ago I was headed down to Mendota to meet none other than Atwater for my first ever refuge hunt. The fog was so thick I was driving with the door to my jeep open, looking down at the center line to stay on the road at about 3 MPH. After a couple hours of this, I was convinced I was completely lost. I stopped my truck and got out. Seeing a vague colored light in the fog shortly up ahead, I walked towards it. Turns out it was a stoplight, and I was smack in the center of downtown Mendota. Took me another hour to find the entrance to the refuge.

Scott we should do another hunt up in the Sac the next couple of months. This time I'll try not to blow a wheel bearing in my rig!!!

Advertisement

Top Bottom