Tule/Klamath

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Assuming the opener is the 12th of Oct this year, does walk-in freeroam require a reservation at Tule Lake or Klamath?  If I bag my buck earlier in the week in Idaho, I figured that'd be a good spot to hunt for the opener.  

I'll be heading back from Central Idaho and also have an Oregon license so does anyone know if Mauhleur NWR is better for the early season than Klamath or Tule?  Figuring out a contingency plan in case I bag my deer early in the week.

Any suggestions on where to go would be welcome....never been there before.

hunthog

Reaction score
Yes, opening weekend always requires a reservation except in very limited areas on Lower K and maybe Tule.  Check at http://www.klamathnwr.org/ to see what is required to apply and a description of the hunting areas that don't need a resi.  Last year almost everyone who applied got on but.......this year they will have more water and it might be much tougher.

Unless you're after geese, most of the duck hunting on these Refuges will definately require a boat

hunthog

Megadeth

Reaction score
If I receive my app back, it'll be my first time. Got em crossed. Have'nt been drawn for crap in some time.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom