Turkey #2

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Drove up to some MCC property at about 5:00 AM. Snuck into the oaks I wanted to hunt at about 5:45. I heard my 1st tree yelps at about 6:00, but no gobbles. By 6:15, the hens were going off, but still no gobbles. At 6:25, their flying down making a ton of noise, but nary a gobble. As I'm listening to the hens, I start to hear Spittin' and Drummin'. At about 6:35, I see my 1st hen. She's above me and to my right, 70 yds out. I look behind her and there he is, in full strut. When he turns around, I switch from right handed shooting position to left. She continues on, and he decides he's going back to get another hen. At this point, I give a few soft clucks. Then I see another hen coming right at me, as she moves below me, he jumps up on a little plateau at about 35 yds.........Game Over.............Pulled the trigger at 6:45, at work at 8:30...
......Great way to start the day (19 1/2 lbs, 10 1/4" beard, 7/8' spurs).................

Attachments

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
Nice bird Steve. My wife surprised me today for my birthday she got me a membership for MCC so save me some birds.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (socalgobblerhunter @ Apr 1 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice bird Steve. My wife surprised me today for my birthday she got me a membership for MCC so save me some birds.[/b]
Now that's an awesome birthday present, and wife (you sure it's not April's fools?........
).........
.... Give me a call. I'll clue you in on the best spots. There's a ton of birds left..

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
Thanks Steve can you pm me with your number. And no its not a joke, Joel called my house and did his best to be discreet but I busted him.

chompot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (socalgobblerhunter @ Apr 1 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice bird Steve. My wife surprised me today for my birthday she got me a membership for MCC so save me some birds.[/b]
Jerk! Happy birthday! and did you get the family membership? Because I look a lot like you brother.

DRAKE11

Reaction score
Now that is the way to start off your day. Congrats

skeeterbait

Reaction score
Time change two weeks early pretty well ended my before work hunts. Congrats on your second bird!

Metdawg44

Reaction score
Congrats on the nice bird. By the way, what is MCC?

Advertisement

Top Bottom