Turkey 2014 - Bezoar Ibex

bobby7321

Reaction score
Dates: Dec 1st - 8th
Airlines: Turkish Airlines
Rifles/Ammo: HS Precision .300 WSM. 168 gr TTSX (handloads)
Outfitter/agent: Caprinae Safaris
Guides: Sarp, Sukru

Booked this hunt shortly after returning from Tajikistan (and becoming obsessed with Ibex)

Weather was unseasonably warm and the rut wasn't in full swing like I had hoped. Made the hunting pretty tough. Saw Ibex daily, lots of females and at least a few males every day. Usually wayyy up on the skyline or close to it. Passed on a couple pretty good ones early on, holding out for something bigger (and to stretch the hunt out a bit). Got my ibex on the morning of day 6. By that time my legs and knees had had enough.

I guess this area is very good once the rut kicks in. Oh well, one of those things you have no control over. Hunted hard and was still a very fulfilling hunt. Guides were good and fun to hunt with. Stayed in a small hotel in Akseki. A semi-hot shower at the end of each day was real nice. Plus the lentil soup from the restaurant up the street always hit the spot right before crashing.

Here are a few photos and a video I put together (including kill shot).

https://vimeo.com/114383431

[video=vimeo;114383431]https://vimeo.com/114383431[/video]

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
At least 2 great things, he is loaded and he goes to such hunts.
Big respect and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Regardless of your net worth (Ha!) you put together another great video on an awesome hunt. Great looking Ibex.

Congratulations!

snoopdogg

Reaction score
One more thing--how did that guy taste?

7MMHunter

Reaction score
Simply Awsome!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grasslandhntr

Reaction score
Wasn't trying to be negative just pointing out u go on some amazing hunts and I know they rnt cheap thats all

bobby7321

Reaction score
Thanks. The meat from this one all went to my local guides and their families. I had ibex in another camp and it wasn't great, and I was starving too.

FYI: I live cheap, save my money, and spend it on the good stuff. Its all about priorities. I'd rather hunt sheep and ibex over having a fancy truck, boat, RV, quads, dirt bikes, big house, etc...

Bubblehide

Reaction score
How did I miss your hunt posts. Daym, another very nice animal. Congrats once again!

Top Bottom