Turkey Chokes

Wild Turk

Reaction score
I figured I would draw on the wealth of Turkey Knowledge all of you have....

I use a Briley .665 and love it.  It was pricey ($70 or so), but shoots great.  At 30 yds (with Winchester #6s), I put 40 hits in the spine and skull of a turkey target.  I was amazed.

I have wasted my money in the past, but I cant say enough about the Briley.

WHAT ARE EVERYONE ELSE'S EXPERIANCES??

Possum

Reaction score
I like to buy a choke where I can see the evidence before I make the purchase. Comp-u-choke does this at the show.  They will have different guns with different chokes and they will bring the targets to the show.  Then you can see what the pattern will probably look like.  They do this will well known brands of shells.  My choke will kill to 59 steps with Federal #4's 3.5" shells. Of course I won't shoot that far but I know if I make a 10 yd mistake I am covered.  

By the way, at 10 feet I can put 100% of the pattern in his head. LOL LOL LOL He HE He!

I think spring fever is starting.  My jokes aren't that good.

(Edited by Possum at 8:17 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I use a Mad Max, .680, with an 835 3.5",even at 30yards, on a paper turkey target, I can't get an exact pellet count, the target is to mangled for counting individual pellet holes. I use a scope, and center it at 35 yards, and I have never had trouble using this combination.

trkyhntr

Reaction score
I just bought the Kicks "gobblin' thunder" .660. At 40 yards in a 10 inch circle i didn't even attempt to count the pellet holes. I was shooting Nitro 4x5x7.5 in 3 inch.

Wild Turk

Reaction score
Good point about each choke patterning differently.  I patterned 3 barrels before I found the one that worked best.  Surprisingly, it was a "beater" barrel that was all rusty from hunting ducks in the saltwater of Humboldt Bay that did the trick.  Damn thing patterns like a dream.  I had to use steel wool to get all the rust off of it, and then repaint it and camo it.

Pays  to pattern every barrel you have available.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom