turkey down :)

tdog

Reaction score
Headed out to the property yesterday to shot some ground squirrels with the 20ga. after checking out some gobblers up at the house I headed down the property to shot some squirrels. After shooting one squirrel I notice there is a gobbler down by the pond all strutted up, while getting closer I can see three big toms. I started my sneak by getting in the creek using the tall grass and a little wind to my advantage, I got within 20 yard of them and shot the first tom that gave me a shot after he dropped another came back and started kicking him while the other walked off with a hen. A 20ga with full choke and 2 ¾ 7 1/2s did the job. Ending measurements are 10 1/8 beard and both spurs are 1in 1/4

[attachment=51291:HPIM0081.jpg]
[attachment=51288:new_size_turkey.jpg]
[attachment=51289:new_size_turkey_2.jpg]

Attachments

radioleo

Reaction score
Yo Spooney,

Nice Tom.......

Very Nice CAMO !!!!!!!!

radioleo

tdog

Reaction score
who needs camo when you have 2 foot tall grass to hide you.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dangit, Spooney!

No camo, no calls, no decoys...

No fancy chokes. No high-tech, camo, pistol-grip 4" ultra-magnum firearm with laser sights and image stabilization...

Just 2 3/4", #7 1/2 shot from a standard 20ga full choke scattergun...

Spooney, a few more stories like yours and half the hunting industry will be put out of business, along with a whole bunch of ego-crazed "experts" and their camera crews!

I love it!

chompot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speckmisser @ Apr 18 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dangit, Spooney!

No camo, no calls, no decoys...

No fancy chokes. No high-tech, camo, pistol-grip 4" ultra-magnum firearm with laser sights and image stabilization...

Just 2 3/4", #7 1/2 shot from a standard 20ga full choke scattergun...

Spooney, a few more stories like yours and half the hunting industry will be put out of business, along with a whole bunch of ego-crazed "experts" and their camera crews!

I love it![/b]
LOL, hunt Texas... Some of those guys think us Cali people give in too much to the gimmics, I am very guilty of that.

That is some beautiful property. Is that where you live?

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
I second that being a beautiful piece of property. Do you hunt piggies there too?

tdog

Reaction score
thanks it is really nice, no i dont live there but its only about 15 min away from where i do live in town.
HOGHUNTER714- no we dont have any pigs on the property and probley wont but thats one animal that i would like to kill. i would trade all the turkeys we have for some pigs, the saying goes you always want what you dont have.

Top Bottom