Turkey Hunter Mistakenly Shoots,

BlazeNSlayer

Reaction score
Whatever man, from my experience the real sport is shooting the turkey when its coming in to my calls and my decoys. You don't shoot the gobbler in the tree its just not the same and I think most of you will agree with me. This guy wasn't smart to be shooting at anything in the tree and especially teaching his young one the improper way to harvest a turkey. Beware of your target and whats beyond!!!

dwagoner

Reaction score
sitting on a seat so he was on the ground and they guy still shot him??? LOL how do you mistakingly shoot a person in camo thinking its a bird WOW

themaskedpheasanter

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I read this as the bird was between the two hunters. So he shot at the bird, missed, and hit the other hunter.

BrandonA

Reaction score
It doesn't really specify if there was ACTUALLY a bird there or not that was shot at. It said the intentions of the man was to shoot a bird then when he went forward to see if he shot it he noticed he shot the guy.... To me that says there was no bird and he shot at something he didn't see... THere is missing information (like did he get the bird if there actually was one?)...

No matter what the case this is why I HATE hunting public land for turkeys... I get shot at enough at refuges during duck/goose season. This year after losing 2 of the private properties I will be forced to make a few cameo's at the public hunting areas this year... I look forward to it for the challenge only but as far as dealing with other hunters I don't trust many of them for this exact reason...

I only ever use Hen calls and Hen decoy's on public land for safety reasons. Even with that said I've had a few hunters put a stalk on me or my buddies before. I've had hunters use my calling of a turkey to stalk into my area to try to cut me off and shoot a turkey I was calling in (one time it worked). I think it's just sad some hunters get caught up in the moment and think only about that bird and don't stop to think about what's around them. In order for him to have killed that hunter he would have had to been in the 40-100 yards range at the MAX to kill another person....

Top Bottom