Turkey hunter's tip leads to 6,650 pot plants

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
April 05, 2002

MARIJUANA RAID SEASON OPENS WITH A BANG

By MARTI TAYLOR- Red Bluff (CA) Daily News

The Tehama County Sheriff's Department made good on its promise to make marijuana eradication a top priority.

In the first raid of the 2002 season, TCSD investigators seized a sizable garden, most likely from a commercial grower.

In the last week of March, a turkey hunter was scouting hunting grounds in Red Bluff for the opening weekend of hunting season when he saw two Hispanic men watering marijuana plants.

The hunter reported seeing the men cultivating the plants in the area off Old Mission Road in the Red Bluff Northwest subdivision.

TCSD conducted an extensive surveillance operation but were unable to identify suspects. Detective Dave Hencratt, assisted by other investigators, kept watch on the seedling garden, but were unable to determine who might be watering and tending the plants. On April 2, TCSD confiscated the seedling plants.

The garden consisted of 6,650 one-inch plants contained in plastic drinking cups. According to sheriff's investigators, it is believed that the plants would have been transported to a commercial marijuana garden, which is commonly found on public lands.

No arrests were made in connection with the garden, and none are anticipated in this case, deputies said.

The seedling garden is the first marijuana raid of the 2002 marijuana season. This type of garden is not uncommon for this time of year, said the TCSD. The commercial growers will often start their seedling plants in areas such as this.

When the plants are mature and healthy enough to transport, the growers will then take them to the prepared growing sites and transplant them.

In 2001, TCSD was recognized for eradicating the most marijuana plants in the state's Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP) program. The TCSD marijuana eradication team confiscated more than 87,000 plants in 2001.

The agency prevented more than 45 tons of marijuana from reaching the streets last year alone, according to the 2001 sheriff's report.

PowDuck

Reaction score
That'd be a good reason to wear your camo when scouting. Mark your location and then get the heck out of there.

Tominator

Reaction score
87,000 plants in one county, wow! Yeah, I'd have to say I agree with PD on this one.
Tominator

metalkingdom

Reaction score
I hope they find every single pot farm on public land and destroy them all.  Everyone knows that all of the good stuff is grown indoors anyway!!! JJ

rlwright

Reaction score
It's all about hydro......

I hope they destroy them to Because the deer love them. The cultivators have to protect their assets, so we get less deer and more anti-hunters. Without hunters wondering around they don't have to worry about getting detected as easy.  

Top Bottom