Turkey season fishing

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me out. I'll be back in Missouri for turkey season and will have some afternoons to kill. What kind of fishing will be good then around Harry Truman Res. and up north by Deer Ridge CA. Thanks for your help. What kind of gear do you recommend? I've got some spinning rods at my Dad's house and he has more rods available.

Thanks!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Spectr17

Sorry, didn't see your post before now, I'm no big fisherman and didn't look here but my buddy and I used to hunt/fish Truman B-4 he bought ground in Northern Mo.

We camped at Talley Bend and hunted the area with good results (at least at that time, there were few hunters-3 or 4 years ago)  You really need a boat to hunt turks, the boat ramp is just off the campground.  After getting in the lake, we always went left under the overpass and hunted/fished.  We usually knocked Crappie dead on Goldfish of all things and did some good on bass.  We usually seen trot-liners before daylight on the way turkey hunting on the lake and they had boat loads of White Catfish (Blue's)  Sometimes they'd say they were getting Crappie on the trotline goldfish bait and we knew we would knock them (the Crappie) dead on gold fish or gold jigs for sure.....

We hunted there 6 years or so and I probably got 6 or 7 turkeys and my buddy got a few too  (ha ha)

Tinhorn

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Henry County/Truman is my stomping grounds too! Crappie should be going to the banks now.

Top Bottom