Turkey

Richard

Reaction score
Hello, I saw wild turkies. I got all excited. But then I remembered , NO FALL TURKEY IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY.  O well, but it sure was a rush.  They did gobble back to my yelp.  All were young jakes and hens, maybe one tom. When I tried to get closer they started to walk off. I will be waiting for the spring.

Richard

Reaction score
On the way to Palomar Mtn. All of them were on private land.

By the way it is posted no tresspassing, no parking, no hunter access around the observatory. Waht is up with that. Pretty hard to get access.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Did you have a chance to get any pics Richard? San Diego ahs some pretty good turkey flocks running around on private land. Lake Henshaw is where I see a lot of them too.

Richard

Reaction score
No, pics. I brought everything but the camera. Next time I will be prepared.  The turkies were past Lake Henshaw by the freeway.

metalkingdom

Reaction score
You guys ever see those big emus on the 15 when you come down from Henshaw?  The first time I saw them I thought that they were giant turkeys!

bradjenkins

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any good turkey pics lately?  Season opens in Mississippi in about a month.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
Brad, here are some good old Arkansas Turkeys.

A few of the ladies too.

(Edited by SIMPLEARKANSAN at 9:49 pm on Mar. 2, 2002)

Curtiss

Reaction score
Simplearkansan,
   I do enjoy the picture that you have submitted. Keep them coming!!

T

the hairless one

Nice bird!

Hoping to get one just like it in about a month!

rick

Bob R

Reaction score
Here are some from North Arkansas.  Season opens on April 1!!

gizz

Reaction score
Nice pics everyone!

Bob R - there's that same dang treestand and corner of that open area. You sure do get lots of stuff to walk by that cam. Do you ever harvest much from that location? Sure seems like a good one

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice birds guys Iv seen them all around my hunting spot but no pics yet I hope to get some soon thanks to home made feeder .  

Bob R

Reaction score
Gizz,

We saw a lot of animals out of that stand this year, my son (17) hunted it mainly.  He saw probably 100 deer out of it, but we only shot 1, I killed a nice 8 pointer during the MZ season.  These turkeys come by every morning.  We see them when we are out there working.  I'll be somewhere close on April 1.

See ya,

BR

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
I see a lot of turkeys in my hunting area, but still have not been able to catch one on my cam!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom