Turkeys and deer and bullfrogs

Bankrunner

Reaction score
We went up to quail ranch on Sat morning. When we pulled up to park there where two Tom's about 20yds from the truck. They were not in a hurry to leave, in fact they hung out in the orchard for about a 1/2hr or so while we settled in. There was also a couple hens that we saw on Sat and Sun. The trial cam had some nice pics of a couple does and one buck in velvet that had blunt ends with room to grow (central foothills @ 1,200ft).
It was a social visit and work weekend but we did get out for some gigging on Sat night. We took off about a 1/2hr passed dark thirty on a short walk to the pond and were greeted by a couple frogs singing. My partner made a great stab on the first frog and it should have been in the bag if it wasn't for a gig malfunction. The second frog wasn't the best stab but my partner got a barb in and i was able to get hands on it. I held it down while my partner got out the knife and performed the old between the eyeballs plunge. I placed the frog in the bag and all hell broke loose when it escaped the bag, and did about six big semi circle jumps that ended with the frog back in the pond.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Sounds like the "Hot Spot"!!!! Lots of potential! Haven't been frogging in a long while. We have been combining fishing and hunting lately with some satisfying results, something for everyone.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
It's nice to get out there, have some fun and really enjoy/appreciate it.

Top Bottom