Turkey's and Memory

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
So I know I've missed birds and not seen 'em for a bit or had 'em take forever to come into calls the next time, but how good is their memory? Do they remember the set-ups, blinds etc? Interesting to see what you think!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I'm no expert but I think it depends on how pressured they are. tip them off once and I think they forget in short order and will be right back to their routine. Chase them around disturbing them over and over and I think they will move on.

buckhunter

Reaction score
last weekend i called in and missed a tom right next to my decoy, the next day i called the same bird right into the same decoy in the exact same spot. he was a little skittish but came right on in. i think it is different with a gun than with a bow. bows are awesome the bird has no idea what happened and can usually forget after a wile. with a gun they wise up pretty quick.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
They have no memory like a deer. I've called the same tom in 3x in one day and watched others do it too. My biggest tom in MO busted me twice before he was laid to rest.

Top Bottom