Turkey's Gone Wild!

CATCH

Reaction score
I always wanted to hunt turkey with my bow, so this weekend I headed north and tried to make it happend. I have only hunted turkey down south onetime in the Angeles National forest because I saw some turkey while deer hunting when I was 16 years old, needless to say I never heard or saw anything. To make a long story short my dad and I sat in the blind for maybe one hour before these gobblers started sounding off.....once this hen came out of the woods clucking back to our mouth call the toms were committed. So the deal was I wanted to shoot the lead bird first with my bow then my dad was to follow up and shoot the back bird with the shotgun....well, I guess I got tom fever and missed an easy shot at less then twenty yards with my bow so I told my dad to take the lead bird.....then this big tom just stick his head out at 51 yards away so I grabbed my dads gun and fired! As my massive tom was flopping to its death another tom came out and started attacking it! I am addicted to this turkey stuff! It's like deer hunting meets goose hunting! Plus I got to fight a goat.....note to self, when ever some country folk say lets have some fun castrating a goat.....run!
[attachment=51336:turkey_brian.jpg][attachment=51335:turkey_4..._brian_1.jpg][at
achment=51336:turkey_brian.jpg]

Attachments

buckspotter

Reaction score
Great first bird story! Nice back-up with the shotgun too. I've wished for a shotgun back-up a couple of times while bow hunting turkeys. buckspotter

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Congrats on the bird, but if I read that right you killed it with a shotgun. Why pose with your bow then?

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Brian,

Congrats on that 1st gobbler......Is that bow made by Benelli......

Should of used your bow on that goat.............

Top Bottom