Tylenol Overdose

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
76
Got called last night from a frantic friend. She found an empty bottle of Tylenol that her dog had chewed open and ate the pills (half bottle). She induced vomitting using hydrogen peroxide and got the emergency vet clinic on the phone. They basically told her to play the waiting game. If she removed enough of the drug with the vomitting, the dog will be fine. If too much gets in the dog's system, it will be a much different story.

Just a reminder to keep harmful drugs and chemicals locked away from your pets as well as your kids. Keep a list of emergency numbers handy (vet, poison center, etc.) Join me in keeping good thoughts for Debbie and "Rumba".
 

bayedsolid

Forever Hunting
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
0
I've heard that Tylenol will do the most damage of anything in the medicine cabinet. People that attempt suicide by taking a bunch of different pills are damaged the most by the Tylenol. It completely destroys the liver if taken more than the recommended dosage and if you survive the suicide attempt, your liver won't make it more than 5 to 10 years tops even if you're a teenager at the time.
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom