U.S. budget deal includes increases for conservation, wildlife

Reaction score
The omnibus budget deal passed last week by Congress contains a critical reauthorization of a conservation fund and includes slight increases in the budgets of several agencies related to fish, wildlife and outdoor recreation.

More...

Common Sense

Reaction score
The article said Christmas came early for sportsmen --- but it didn't mention April 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishnhunt

Reaction score
I'm all for cutting the budgets and making us leaner and trimmer. But this is a good spot as a sportsman to put money. We ask a lot of our public lands and we should fund them in the way that we ask. 117 million is nothing in the grand scheme of government expenditures...Especially when we're spending 500 million per ship (plus billions on designs) for littoral class ships that are giant maintenance problems that don't deliver the promised results.
Enjoy our public lands and fund them for the proper management. The BLM returns more money to the treasury than any other department (except IRS). It returns $6-8 bucks per $1 budgeted and has for a long time.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Government is evil according to Thomas Paine because it takes our money and spends it in ways we don't agree with. Why should the government take money from PETA members and spend it for "sportsmen". The government is mistreating them PETA folk.

I don't like PETA, but what the government is doing is wrong (even if it is just a drop in the bucket of our over-all spending). Kinda funny for me to speak out for PETA members!

Top Bottom