ultra sonic Motion detector

Coal30

Reaction score
i just order the Ultra sonic Motion Detector will lrt you know if i can get it to work for the camera here is a picture of it  got it from http://www.jameco.com item numer 125090

BowDoc

Reaction score
I think guys stayed away from that because it puts out a sound. They thought the deer might hear is and stay way. Would love to know how you make out with it

A

Archilochus2

Hi Coal30,
The sound could definately be an issue - but the real kicker is going to be the power consumption.  I see the circuit uses a pair of prehistoric 741 op-amps - that's ~6.5mA.  The ultrasonic output tranducer is driven directly by the output of a pair of 4049's which can sink/source a fair amount of current - I'd guess that'll be about 25 mA.  Add up all the resistors and pre-amp and I'd guess you're looking at about 35 to 50mA total power consumption - quite a drain on the batts!!

Archilochus

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Coal!  I a played around with some ultrasonic transmitters and receivers in the past.  I was into robotics at one time and used a Ultrasonic sensor to detect objects in front of the robot.  There is one major downfall of the system that is going to give you fits and probably prevent you from using it in a cam.  It does not work well in windy situations.  Since the ultrasonic sensor detects motion and not motion and heat like a PIR, it does not take much to set it off.  Falling leaves, birds and insects, blowing branches, etc...  will almost always set it off.  This will be a big problem.  Plus, the detection distance is only about 10 feet max.  However, you may be able to come up with some clever ways to get around these limitations.  Keep us updated.  

Coal30

Reaction score
Hey Great Jaggermax Thanks For THe Info ill see what i can do Thanks AGain

Top Bottom