Unit 36 A Nov Hunt Advise

gnoto

Reaction score
Just wonder ing if anybody had any advise on unit 36 a. I have hunted a lot in 36b south to the border but littel above Arivaca Road. Thanks

Shane

Reaction score
No advice on 36A, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in 36B. You ever take deer outa there? Great country, huh?

I need to get back down there soon.

Best,
~ Shane

gnoto

Reaction score
generally there for the pigs. just watch the Ghosts running all over the place. Strange I have seen Coues and Mules in the same group?

Shane

Reaction score
No kidding? That's interesting. I have yet to see a mule deer in that unit. Guess I haven't hunted there long enough. Nice whitetails though.

gnoto

Reaction score
Most of the mules are down near Arivaca turnoff Ruby Road They gdenerally kep to the flats but the coues have moved down and i have seen it several times. Teh coues act like satellites to the heard of mules. just wandering near the edge of the heard.

HUNTERJOHN

Reaction score
GNOTO,
SO HOW DID THE HUNT GO. I HAVE HUNTED 36B ALL MY LIFE AND HAVE SEEN PLENTY WHITETAIL AND MULEY, BUT I HAVE ONLY KILLED TWO WHITETAIL, I HAVEN'T BEEN DRAWN FOR MULE DEER, YET... THIS YEAR I DIDN'T EVEN GET DRAWN FOR EITHER, BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I WILL BE OUT FOR THE BOW SEASON. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYMORE ADVICE IN THIS AREA, SINCE I WAS A LITTLE LATE FOR YOUR NOVEMBER HUNT.

gnoto

Reaction score
I chased a 125 class buck all over the Cerro Colorados but never gota good shot at him. I passed on the smaller 3's and some forkies. Maybe during the bow hunt I will meet him again.

HUNTERJOHN

Reaction score
gnoto,
Yes there are some decent size bucks in the cerro colorados, I might be in there during the bow hunt or i might just hunt 36b, there are also some decent bucks in there, there are also some good size muleys in there too.

gnoto

Reaction score
John
I heading back to 36 this weekend to Bow. Hoping to find that Coues that gave me the slip. When I get tired of that I think I'm heading to the flats for a mule or 36B near Rudy. Where you going to be
GN

HUNTERJOHN

Reaction score
GN,
SORRY I DIDN'T RESPOND AS YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN PLAYING OUTSIDE ALOT, ACTUALLY I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE LAST WEEKEND OF JANUARY AND YEAH I WAS 41 YARDS FROM A NICE 3X3 MULEY THAT WOULD HAVE TASTED PRETTY GOOD IF HIS VITALS WEREN'T HIDING RIGHT BEHIND A MEQUITE STUMP, IT WAS HORRIBLE, BECAUSE I COULD SEE HIS ANTLERS AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT HIS VITALS AND HE WOULDN'T STEP OUT AND APPARENTLY A DOE WINDED ME AND TOOK THE WHOLE HERD OUT OF DODGE BEFORE I COULD EVEN DRAW. OHH WELL YOU WIN SOME AND YOU LOOSE SOME. HOW DID YOUR HUNT GO?

HUNTERJOHN

Reaction score
GN,
SORRY I DIDN'T RESPOND AS YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN PLAYING OUTSIDE ALOT, ACTUALLY I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE LAST WEEKEND OF JANUARY AND YEAH I WAS 41 YARDS FROM A NICE 3X3 MULEY THAT WOULD HAVE TASTED PRETTY GOOD IF HIS VITALS WEREN'T HIDING RIGHT BEHIND A MEQUITE STUMP, IT WAS HORRIBLE, BECAUSE I COULD SEE HIS ANTLERS AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT HIS VITALS AND HE WOULDN'T STEP OUT AND APPARENTLY A DOE WINDED ME AND TOOK THE WHOLE HERD OUT OF DODGE BEFORE I COULD EVEN DRAW. OHH WELL YOU WIN SOME AND YOU LOOSE SOME. HOW DID YOUR HUNT GO?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom