• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Universal Charge Bar/MEC Reloader

Limited Out

The I bought a Universal Charge Bar for my MEC Shotshell Reloader back in 1994 and a newer model with the rubber "dog bone" insert a few years ago. There has been a lot of discussion on other forums about the benefits of using these bars. The versatility of this UCB in developing hunting loads without having to buy a bunch of bushings was the initial reason I bought both of these bars. There has also been a lot of discussion about just how accurate the drops have to be. I have always felt the shot side was close enough. The powder side, however was all over the place no matter what washer/spacer combination I used between the baffle and bar. If any of you are using the UCB and are not satisfied with the accuracy of the unit let me know and I will post some photos on how to improve this. These mods are a simple and low cost fix.

Last edited:

Top Bottom