Up Land Game Bird, my new adventure

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Man spent the very last part of dove, Quail, cotton tail hunting last year and got myself hooked. found myself a nice place Dove, fat ass quail and cotton Tail and a growing population of Eurasian Dove I can shoot year around.

SOOOO COOOOL maybe I'll see you all out there some where beneath the same blue Sky

TheGDog

Reaction score
I shot my first bunny last weekend! Was using my boys little CZ 452 American Scout .22LR and the CCI Copper-22's. Definitely going to be doing more of that. Tricky little buggers. Don't stay still for as long as you'd like. Should have gotten 2 others... but the stinking walking stick with a V yoke I screwed on top of it I was trying to use for a shooting rest mechanically failed on me. The twist-to-lock kind and the upper section wasn't locking!

Had a big fat ba$tard at 50yds I should have been able to nail, but needed the shooting rest. And while fussing with it he moved along. and then in the PM... had a dang Red Tailed Hawk come to the area and blew a chance at another one since that bunny dove for the brush.

Now considering the Primos Trigger stick. Trying to decide on Mono, Bi or Tri. If I go Tri, I was thinking it could take the place of my spotting-scope Tripod, but it's a bit long in its shortest height, I think 33", so I wouldn't be able to conveniently carry it in the pack. So that's giving me pause.

An interesting thing about the sun/heat is that it sorta traps them you might say, in Islands of shade! It was cool using that observation to my advantage in how I approach hunting a particular area.

Last edited:

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
My son and I used to have a great time shooting rabbits then quail as the seasons progressed. Still chase quail when I can but haven't hunted rabbits in 20 years.

Gdog I carry shooting sticks all of the time and I don't bother collapsing them. I use them as a walking stick when I can. I support my binos on them also. If and when I shoot something then I figure out where to store them if they are in the way.

Easton Cross Shot sticks. I have both the middle size and the tall size.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Check your PM my friend

Last edited:

Top Bottom